A well-prepared host always knows how bad it is to hand over your guest an unchilled bottle of beer.
But if you’re a frequent host, you might have a kitchen fridge full of bottles and cans of beer. A separate beer fridge can surely solve that issue of an overfilled kitchen fridge. You can keep your favorite beers, sodas, and wines at a perfect temperature, ready to be served when unexpected guests come by.
Now you must be thinking a beer fridge is hardly a mini fridge, but you need to think it over as these fridges have so many features including adjustable temperature, so you can easily set a specific temperature according to the beer you have inside the fridge. So, keep your favorite beers chilled and happy with some great beer fridges available in the market currently.
Now Let’s Dive In!
Best Beer Fridges UK 2022
Here are our picks for the Top Beer Fridges available in the UK right now.
|Beer Fridge||Icy Rating|
|1- Baridi 80L||10/10
|2- Cookology CBC130BK||8.5/10|
|4- Subcold Super65||8.5/10|
|5- Frostbite Mini Fridge||8/10|
|6- Subcold Viva20||7.5/10|
|7- Cookology BC46BK||7.5/10|
|8- Subcold Super35||7/10|
1- Baridi 80L Drinks & Wine Fridge
Why do we love it?
- It has an automatic defrost feature to make the usage of this large beer fridge really convenient.
- This fridge features three detachable wire shelves and an internal bulb.
- This fridge includes a safety lock too so your beer will stay safe at all times.
- Its metal shelves are removable and this fridge has a reversible door so you can place it wherever you want to.
- It has a warm glow light and security lock to keep your drinks exactly where you kept them.
|✅Best value for money|
|✅Lightweight & portable|
|✅Temperature control feature|
|✅Efficient and Spacious|
Do check our list for the Best Wine Fridges with Lock.
2- Cookology CBC130BK
Why do we love it?
- This fridge can sit conveniently under your bar or kitchen countertops.
- This fridge is perfect to chill up your beer, wine, champagne or soft drinks as well.
- It has a low noise level so it won’t wake you up at night with its loud voice.
- It has a reverse door so it can open on both sides, but the lock of the door will only work on the right side.
- This fridge has an LED light to show off your chilled drinks and get the party started.
|✅Has 4 Shelves||❌Relatively pricey|
|✅Great Value for Money|
Do check our list for the Best Beverage Refrigerator.
3- Cater-Cool Double Sliding Door Bottle Cooler
Why do we love it?
- This fridge has LED lighting to have a look at your stored drinks conveniently.
- The two slideable doors have the ability to close automatically once you’re done taking out your drink.
- This fridge consumes really low energy so you won’t have to worry about electricity consumption.
- It has a double glazed glass door with a safety lock so your fridge and drinks will always be safe.
- This fridge has adjustable shelves for convenient use of the fridge.
|✅Easy to Install||❌A little pricey|
|✅Unbelievable Storage Capacity|
|✅Efficient Cooling Mechanism|
|✅Has a double door|
Read our ultimate guide to Best Fridges for Small Kitchen.
4- Subcold Super65 Tabletop Fridge
Why do we love it?
- This fridge has great cooling technology with the temperature ranging from 3°C to 18°C which is perfect for beer cans, wine bottles, milk, soft drinks, and snacks.
- It comes with a high grade safety glass door with a huge capacity so it looks stylish and stores quite a lot of drinks.
- It consumes really low energy and doesn’t make a lot of noise as well. You can keep it in your living area or bedroom too as it is super quiet.
- This fridge has 3 adjustable shelves, LED light, and a security lock with two keys to keep your drinks safe.
|✅Quiet operation||❌Shelves are a little flimsy|
|✅Really Cold Temperature|
|✅Worth the Money|
5- Frostbite Mini Fridge
Why do we love it?
- It is a mini fridge but it has a great capacity to store a great amount of drinks.
- It has an adjustable thermostat which is a great feature as you can adjust the temperature of your drinks according to your liking now.
- This fridge has a LED light which lets you have a look at your drinks at any time of the day.
- You can store wine bottles in this fridge too as it has removable shelves for better storage.
|✅Compact Design||❌A bit noisy|
|✅LED light setup|
|✅Worth the price|
6- Subcold Viva20
Why do we love it?
- It has cooling technology with the ability to adjust the temperature from 3°C to 18°C which is perfect to store beer cans, wine bottles, and soft drinks.
- This fridge has a high grade safety glass door with a lot of capacity so it looks modern and stores quite a lot of drinks.
- This consumes really low energy and doesn’t make a lot of noise too. You can install it in your living area or bedroom without getting disturbed.
- This fridge works very efficiently and chills the drinks super quickly.
|✅ Versatile Cooler||❌Some operation noise|
|✅Very Efficient Storage Design|
|✅Great Temperature Range|
7- Cookology BC46BK
Why do we love it?
- This fridge has a reversible glass door so you can install it at any area of your house without worrying about its handle.
- It has a storage of 46 liters so it is perfect for small areas like dorms and apartments.
- This fridge works really efficiently but still has a 12 months warranty so you can discuss with the company if you face any issue.
- This fridge has an A+ energy rating as it has a double glazed door and a great insulation.
|✅Huge Capacity||❌A bit operation noise|
8- Subcold Super35
Why do we love it?
- This fridge has an adjustable thermostat for you to adjust the temperature of your drinks as you want.
- It has an Internal LED Light for you to have a better and clearer image of the drinks inside the fridge.
- It comes with two Removable and Adjustable Chrome Wire Shelves so you can easily store wine bottles inside the fridge.
- It is tall enough to store a carton of juice and to keep some food cool for a reasonable time.
|✅Chills Drinks Quickly||❌Not cheap|
|✅Looks Modern and Stylish|
Also Check Ice vs Snow
Buying Guide-Beer Fridge UK
This buying guide of the best beer fridge UK will be helpful for you if you are willing to buy the best mini fridge to store your beer. A good refrigerator is the key to a better life span of your beer. And that doesn’t mean the regular kitchen fridge. As the kitchen fridge is generally filled up with all the essential items, it has a little room left for anything else, particularly for beer bottles. It actually fits a beer nerd to have a wine and beer fridge uk at their house where they can store all their precious beers and wines properly.
A home beer fridge doesn’t have to be an old refrigerator in your garage as you see in movies and dramas. A cool beer fridge can be a modern fridge that can fit everywhere. They also have the technology to even challenge the most modern large sized kitchen fridge in thor efficiency to keep beers and other liquids chilled.
Whether the beer nerd wants to host parties and share their beer or just wants to keep their beers well sorted, here are the features you should look for in a beer fridge.
What to Look for in a Beer Fridge
Following are some of the most important features to look for in a fridge.
There are various types of beer fridges to choose from. The type is actually defined by how you install the fridge at your home. While shopping for Small beer fridges, you should always consider the type of installation of the fridge. You can install the freestanding fridge in an open space, while a built-in pick can only be installed under a countertop. Some beer fridges are actually convertible so you can install them in both ways.
The capacity of the best beer fridge uk depends on how many sips can be stored in the fridge at a time. It is usually measured in cubic feet or by counting the number of 12-ounce cans that can fit into a beer fridge. Generally, a beer fridge can store around 80 12-ounce cans of beer at a time. There are some models that can store 70 cans or some can store 90 cans at a time. Now, if you need a fridge with more storage, there are beer fridges that can store up to 170, 200 and 300 cans of beer. You can also find some mini beer fridges in the market that can store around 12-24 cans of beer in the fridge at a time.
A thermostat that is adjustable or temperature settings having a digital display can be helpful in controlling the temperature of your beer fridge. The dial thermostat options are really cheap but they don’t indicate the exact temperature for you.
A setting panel with touch control is accurate to set the temperature of your fridge and this is great if you’re storing beer or wine that is temperature sensitive and can not be stored at every temperature.
Where you are intending your fridge to be installed should always be considered before you end up buying the fridge. Some fridges can be installed anywhere while some are unsuitable at some places. Always check the guidelines given by the manufacturer and don’t install the fridge at a tight space except if it is stated safe by the manufacturer.
How your wine and beer fridge uk defrosts itself will determine how much effort your fridge requires to maintain it. Some models will defrost on their own while some are frost-free which are easily manageable. To prevent frost from building up around the walls of your fridge, it heats up the coil of your fridge to melt away the build up of the ice. This cycle of warming up has no negative effect on your beer or on the environment. Conversely, a model that will defrost manually should be unloaded and unplugged when the ice build up is around ¼ inch thick. After that, you can chip away the ice, let the fridge drain, and then plug it back in.
If your integrated beer fridge comes with a reversible door, you can install it to open to either right or to the left. You may have to re-screw the door of your beer fridge with the tools provided, but it will be handy while you pick out the best spot to install your beer fridge. A reversible door makes your fridge more flexible to install, while keeping the environment stable through airtight seals.
A child lock or safety lock lets you secure your wine and beer fridge uk whenever you’d want to with a lock. It usually has a key or key fob, which you can keep in an easy-to-access area at your house. This feature is really important if you live with children or tend to invite families with children, or you plan to install the fridge in a rental area. You won’t have to worry about unwanted people drinking your beer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most important questions you need to know about as well.
Is a beverage fridge the same as a refrigerator?
A beer fridge is kind of similar to your ordinary kitchen fridge, but it is surely not the same. The beer fridge is specifically made to store drinks in their optimal atmosphere, and not for other items like ice cream, yoghurt or eggs. The temperature range of a beer fridge is very different from the kitchen fridge.
Can I store food in a beer fridge?
You can store food in your beer fridge only if it is stated as food safe in the guidelines by your manufacturer. So, it is not allowed to store food and specially frozen food in a beer fridge. The door of a beer fridge doesn’t have a storage option which sets it different from a kitchen fridge. Lastly, the shelves inside the beer fridge have grooves to help make your bottles stay in place or pull them out easily.
How long does it take a beer fridge to get cold?
When setting up your fridge, it’s typically recommended that you give the appliance up to 24 hours to reach the ideal temperature. During this time period, you’ll likely hear the cooling elements working to cool down the interior. You can test the internal temperature by placing a refrigerator thermometer on a shelf, or storing a water bottle inside. If you use either technique, check back after 24 hours for your results. Just note: some fridges may take more or less time to cool. This information can be found in a user manual.
How long does beer last in the fridge?
Now you might be surprised but yes, beer does have a shelf life. Take a look at the expiration date on your beer. But as a rule, beer lasts around 6 to 9 months. Craft beer lasts shorter than a mass-produced beer.
How do you store beer bottles?
Keep your beer in a cool area. Keep in mind that light kills beer so even a cup of beer will go bad if you drink it in the sun. A beer cooler fridge will always protect your bottles and cans from sun rays.
A home beer fridge is a great addition to a living space. Not only is it convenient and functional but it looks great too. Especially if your fridge has bottles and cans on display. It is perfect for barbecues, home parties or just chilling alone and watching TV at home.
We hope this guide helped you find the best beer fridge uk. If you are still confused about anything, just comment down whatever you have to say. Don’t hesitate.