Food processors are a great help in saving your precious time in the kitchen.
They tackle the boring and time consuming food preps like shredding the cheese or chopping the onions. These processors can also whip the smooth purees. But if you ever feel like buying a food processor but can’t due to its high price, don’t worry as you’re not alone. Fortunately, it’s now easier to find a great budget food processor in a cheap budget to do the kitchen tasks conveniently and quickly, as efficiently as a high end processor would do.
An economical food processor is a time saver and an effort saver machine for just any kitchen, no matter how big or small your kitchen is or how often you think you’ll be using this machine. Believe it or not, once you start using your food processor to save some time in your food prep you’ll never stop using it. It’ll make you wonder how you used to work without having one.
To help you choose the most perfect budget food processor for you, read through this article.
Best Budget Food Processors 2022
Here are our picks for the top budget food processors you can get your hands on.
|Food Processors||Icy Rating|
|1- Cuisinart DFP-14CRM||10/10
|2- Ninja Foodi SS201||8.5/10|
|3- KitchenAid KFP0918BM||8/10|
|4- Hamilton Beach 12-Cup||7.5/10|
|5- Ninja BN601 Pro||7.1/10|
|6- BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup||7/10|
|7- GE Food Processor||7/10|
|8- Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper||6.5/10|
1- Cuisinart DFP-14CRM
Why do we love it?
- There are three main components with this processor including a steel sliding disc, a chopping blade and a shredding disc.
- This 720 watt capacity processor comes with 3 buttons including on, off and pulse.
- The capacity of the bowl is 14 cups which will be perfect for larger gatherings. Also, it comes with large and small pushers.
- Recipe book, spatula, and detachable parts are included in this food processor.
- This machine is easy to handle and easy to operate as it is really efficient and simple.
|✅Great Blending power.||❌None|
|✅14 Cup Large Bowl.|
|✅Premium Build Quality|
|✅Really Fine Chopping Blades|
|✅Ideal for vegetables & fruits|
Don’t miss our take on the Best Home Ice Cream Maker.
2- Ninja Foodi SS201
Why do we like it?
- This food processor is 3 in 1 as it has the ability to blend, process the food, and make doughs.
- It has a smart torque to have a great power without having the need to shake or stir constantly.
- You can make the best food items quickly without having to spend a lot on a food processor as it is reliable and economical.
- The variable speed options of this machine allows you to start it slowly and then increase the speed for fine chopping.
- The 1400 watt power motor will speed up the food processing without compromising on the quality of the end result.
- The detachable components of this machine makes it easy to clean and dishwasher safe as well.
|✅Convenient Cleaning.||❌Makes a lot of Noise.|
|✅Best for Smoothies.|
|✅Easy to set up.|
|✅Firmly holding suction.|
You’ll also like our take on the Best Home Ice Maker.
3- KitchenAid KFP0918BM
Why do we like it?
- It is convenient to use with just a single click. It has a bowl which you can just fix without twisting to assemble it.
- You can just put some water into the machine with 2-3 drops of dish liquid to clean the machine quickly.
- The portable design of this processor makes it easy to store in your kitchen as it won’t consume much space.
- The 3 speed options, easily press able paddles and LED lighting on the buttons are the best features of this processor.
- The features of this processor include pureeing, shredding, chopping and slicing whatever you want to with two discs and a blade.
|✅Various speed options.|
|✅Modern Safety Features.|
4- Hamilton Beach 12-Cup
Why do we like it?
- This processor is easy to install and use. It doesn’t have to be twisted for locking.
- The functioning guide is printed on the box of the food processor so you can install this processor easily.
- The large capacity of the bowl allows you to cook food in larger batches too. Also, The bowl is sealed so it won’t leak even when you mix liquids.
- The components of this processor include steel blades and a reversible slicer and shredder disc to mix, shred, puree and slide everything you want to.
- It comes with a large feed chute to add large food items with easy and quick processing.
|✅Simple to Assemble.||❌A bit shaky|
|✅Sharp discs and blades.|
5- Ninja BN601 Professional
Why do we like it?
- The most powerful kitchen food processor is this one as it has a 1000 watt motor which processes even the hardest ingredients easily.
- This processor is versatile as it has 4 functions. It has 3 speeds and can chop vegetables, make smooth sauces, make pizza dough, and shred cheese for your pizza.
- The sharp blades and discs deliver great chopping results. They will chop and slice finely and mix in just this one appliance.
- It contains a dough mixer that can fold in dough evenly and fast, and knead around 2 lbs of dough in less than a minute.
- The 20 recipe guide that comes with this processor gives you ideas for creating some yummy meals for whatever occasion you want to.
|✅Strong Blade.||❌Doesn't stick to the countertop.|
6- BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup
Why do we like it?
- The 8 cup bowl of this processor enables you to chop ingredients for larger gatherings as well.
- Its food chute with a pusher helps in guiding your food towards the slicing disc while processing it for better results.
- Detachable parts of this processor make it convenient to wash and dishwasher safe.
- The safe locking system enables the blade to only operate when the lid is safely fixed to the bowl.
|✅Intuitive Design.||❌Just a Regular Food Processor|
|✅Great value for money|
7- GE Food Processor
Why do we like it?
The powerful motor helps chop down even the hardest vegetables and fruits. The motor is 550 watts to mix and slice food items conveniently.
This processor has a 12 cup capacity jar which will be enough to chop down ingredients for a large family gathering and has a handle to move the processor conveniently. You can wash this processor in a dishwasher as well.
The three speeds help in blending and chopping your ingredients for the cake mix or any other dish. The 3 speeds are High, Pulse, and low, which make this processor easy to use.
The 3 blade types of this processor are a mixing blade, a slicer and a shredding disc which make this processor the best kitchen multitasker.
|✅Well Built.||❌Quite loud|
8- Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
Why do we like it?
- Free your hands and say bye to sore wrists. Gift your mother this processor. This can grind vegetables, fruits, fruits and baby food in a minute just by pressing a single button. It makes your work so easy.
- This basic food processor has a unique function of overheating protection so it will stop working immediately when the temperature rises.
- It has a stainless steel shell that is durable and a built-in mute button which can reduce the noise of the motor inside the food processor, creating a calm cooking environment.
- The pure copper motor helps this processor spin its removable steel blades. With the upgraded double layered blade, it can spin 360° at a rapid blending motion to get better processing results.
- The safe lock at the bottom of the motor needs to be installed correctly so it works properly. It has a glass bowl which is durable, thick and convenient to clean. The rubber ring at the bottom prevents slipping of the processor.
|✅Thick Glass.||❌Might not work well with a small quantity of food.|
|✅Easy to Clean.|
Buying Guide-Budget Food Processor
Here is our buying guide to address each & every aspect & confusion you still might have. Go through it thoroughly before making your purchase decision.
A best inexpensive food processor should have sharp blades as it has to chop herbs and vegetables finely, grate cheese cleanly, slice properly, and grind nuts or bread crumbs finely. This means that the grating discs and blades of a pro food processor should be really sharp and stay sharp even after you use them for years. They should be able to mix soft and liquid ingredients too without any gap between the bowl and the blade so you don’t have to stop it over and over again to scrape the side walls.
Many low cost food processor have a lot of extra functions. They have pulse buttons and speed adjustments to chop your ingredients to your required granularity. They have extra blades to grate, slice, julienne, shred and even spiralize are offered nowadays.
Some quality food processors have adjustments for thickness of the slices and shape of spiralized vegetables as well. Other good cheap food processors have nesting work bowls to use as a mini and a full sized chopper both. Some even have accessories for juicing like measuring cups with easy pour.
Most of the high quality food processors come with a lid for their bowl with a feed tube to insert food that you want to slice, dice, chop, ground or puree. Feed tubes come with adjustable sizes to let you add large or long ingredients such as potatoes or carrots and keep them straight against the blade for perfect cuts.
A feed tube for adding liquids into your machine while it is processing has a huge benefit. Drizzling some oil or water into your mixture to get your required consistency will be really convenient.
Best quality food processors come with potent motors and solid bases to stick them to your countertop while you mix heavy doughs without the food processor jumping around your countertop. Some small processors have suction cups at the bottom to help them stay still on the counter.
Many food processors come with a locking mechanism in the lid so the machine won’t start processing if the lid isn’t locked properly. Some processors come with sealed work bowls to keep liquids from leaking or splashing you while processing your ingredients.
It’s essential to know what kind of cooking tasks you want your premium food processor to help you with. A food processor is a great tool for chopping and pureeing the things that would require more time to do it by hand.
Some food processors have features like grating and spiralizing vegetables and different sized blades. Food processors are the best for blending your wet ingredients like tomatoes for pasta sauce, dough for pizza, or for making homemade sauces.
Food processors come in a lot of different prices. Some mini processors retail for $20 while some luxurious models retail for more than $400. There is a huge variety of processors available in between these prices, just check out food processor comparison or for more satisfaction you can check out budget food processors reviews.
Deciding how much you would want to spend on your food processor will let you get the idea of the features and size of a processor that will fit your requirements and budget. Some cheap but large models give out weak performance, are unstable and make very unpleasant noise as well. But, if you spend more than $50 for the best budget food processor, it will do a great job for you while staying on budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some highly important questions for your knowledge.
How is a food processor different from a blender?
The main difference is their blades. Food Processors have super sharp blades while blenders don’t. This means that even a food processor on a budget will cut up our food and not puree it, while blenders just create purees. Take an apple, a food processor will dice it into cubes while a blender will just make its juice.
If you prefer consuming smoothies and soups in your diet, then a blender would be the perfect fit for you, but if you want something more versatile, you should surely get a food processor without giving it a second thought.
What size food processor does anyone need?
We’ve tested that the bowl size of a best value food processor ranges between 1.9 to 3.7 Litres. Bigger processors have more features than a smaller one.
However, a food processor with lots of features will consume much more space in your kitchen than the one that only chops, purees, and grates. The ideal size of the best budget food processor is 2.5 litres as it will be small enough to fit into your space and big enough for all your cooking.
How much money should be spent on a processor and where to buy cheap food processor?
They aren’t that cheap from all the appliances, but we’ve found that a lot of the best budget food processor with best performance retail at less than £200. In fact, we have found some best budget food processor for less than £100 too. Ultimately, it is your decision at the end and choosing the best affordable food processor for you will depend on your own budget and requirements.
Merging various kitchen tools into this one specific machine, a food multiprocessor can act as a pair of extra hands in the kitchen to help you out. A Multifunctional food processor is the best for more time taking tasks like grating, slicing, or chopping, and it can be useful for those who have mobility issues.
With such a huge variety of features and sizes at different prices, there will surely be a model that fits all your requirements perfectly. The time you’ll be saving by using this machine, the ability to make so many food items easily and economically and not buying anything pre sliced, grated, or shredded will make the food processor worth the money.
Hi, I am Kat! I love writing about various kitchen appliances especially ice makers, refrigerators, freezers, ice cream makers & much much more. I am a freelance journalist who is determined to make the best out of everything life throws my way & to write content that actually makes an impact. When I am not writing, I am finding ways to be a better parent & helping mothers the world over by overcoming parenting challenges.