Why an ice maker machine over a freezer?
This question may arise in our heads when we hear about ice makers. As refrigerators are widely used for cooling water to produce ice, then why go for ice makers? Don’t fret! We’ve got the perfect and suitable answers for you in our detailed countertop ice makers reviews.
A refrigerator’s ice might not be enough for some people, mostly for commercial and party uses. If you’re a regular summer patio parties entertainer, an ice maker is a must addition to your kitchen, as these tools are powerful and produce high-quality, clean ice cubes in a short time.
Our Countertop ice maker list is just below.
The ice makers are better than refrigerators because of their quick and vast ice production capacity. They are also equipped with ice baskets and ice scoops that are used to store and transport ice cubes. Besides, these tools offer various other incredible features. The countertop ice makers are compact and fit perfectly for every use, either home or commercial.
These machines come in many different sizes, shapes, and models. We have shortlisted eight of the perfect countertop ice makers in this article. But below are a few points that need consideration before buying any product. If you’re in for a more in-depth analysis, refer to our Buying Guide at the article’s bottom.
Points to Ponder
It’s always a good idea to contemplate a few things before buying any product. If it still sounds tricky, check our comprehensive buying guide at the bottom of the text.
- Ice Storage Capacity: The machine you choose must have sufficient storage for ice so that you don’t need an external tool for storing it. An ice basket with an adequate ice storage capacity will work great for every use.
Keep scrolling for the list.
- Ice Production Speed: Make sure the ice maker you choose produces ice at such a speed that fits your daily ice needs. If you want small ice machines for home use, you can even opt for a normal appliance, but if it’s for commercial use, buy the machine that has a great ice production rate: Machine Size
- Machine Size: The countertop ice makers come in different sizes. The size selection of the machine entirely depends on your use and the available space. A small kitchen countertop ice maker machine will be nice for home use and a large machine will work great for commercial purposes.
- Safety: If the machine is not handled properly, it might produce harmful ice that might cause bad impacts on well being.
Now Let’s Dive In!
Best Countertop Ice Machines 2022
Here are our picks for the top Countertop Ice Machines available right now.
|Ice Machines||Icy Rating|
|1. NEWAIR COUNTERTOP||10/10
|2. EUHOMY 40Lb./day||8.5/10|
|3. Soukoo 2 in 1||8/10|
|4. Sycees 2 in 1 Countertop||7.8/10|
|5. Luma Comfort IM200SS||7.8/10|
|7. Kismille Countertop||7.2/10|
|8. Igloo ICEB26HNSS||7.2/10|
1. NEWAIR COUNTERTOP
Why we love it
- Newair being the best countertop ice machine comes in a compact design that fits nearly in every corner of your space.
- The machine has a self-cleaning function that saves the user from post-work cleaning.
- It gives you a three-size ice cubes option.
- It is an efficient machine that allows you to produce a large number of ice cubes in a short time.
- The side-mounted drain allows for a quick clean-up.
|✅Three cube size options||❌none|
|✅28 lb. daily ice|
|✅Rapid ice production|
|✅Hygienic ice quality|
|✅Premium build quality|
Also, check our picks for the Best Clear Ice Maker.
2. EUHOMY 40Lbs/24H
Why we love it
- The Euhomy countertop ice cube maker has a quick ice production capacity.
- The density of the ice cubes is adjustable, according to your choices.
- It has a digital display that allows you to keep a proper check and monitor the functions of the machine.
- The machine has a powerful compressor that prevents any disturbing noises.
- It comes in a user-friendly design that enables you to set it up anywhere.
You’ll love our take on the Best Stand Alone Ice Maker.
3. Soukoo 2 in 1
Why we love it
- It is a multi-purpose machine with an ice maker as well as a water dispenser.
- Soukoo countertop pebble ice maker has a powerful compressor that produces large quantities of ice quickly.
- The internal temperature of this machine is maintained by the exhaust fan to prevent the ice cubes from melting.
- Large quantities of ice cubes can be stored in the ice basket to meet all your ice requirements.
- The machine offers a two-way water-adding system for a convenient performance.
- It’s durable as it is made of premium quality materials.
|✅Leakproof||❌A bit noisy|
|✅Large ice bin|
|✅Water dispenser included|
|✅Ideal for home kitchen|
Also, check Best Freestanding Ice Maker.
4. Sycees 2 in 1 Countertop
Why we love it
- The Sycees countertop ice cube maker has unique multifunctionality to make and shave ice cubes.
- The machine produces high-density thick ice cubes that keep your drink cold and fresh.
- All the important safety features are available to give a safe environment to the users.
- It forms cleaner ice cubes that do not contain any plastic odor.
- The home bar ice maker is easy to install without the need for any professional or high-tech services.
|✅Multifunctional||❌Shavings melt soon|
|✅Easy to operate|
|✅Great storage capacity|
|✅Quick ice production|
You might also like our picks for the Best Tabletop Ice Maker.
5. Luma Comfort IM200SS
Why we love it
- Luma comfort ice maker has a perfect compact countertop design.
- The machine provides a hassle-free arrangement without the requirement of any experienced installation.
- It produces high-quality, restaurant-level ice, perfect to use for any beverage.
- The ice melts a lot more slowly than the regular cloudy ice cubes.
- Any unnecessary water spillage is prevented by the side-mounted drain.
|✅Clear ice||❌Needs rest in between batches|
|✅Easy to install|
Why we love it
- Dreamiracle being one of the great countertop icemakers offers an advanced exhaust cooling function.
- The infrared sensor technology indicates to you when the ice is full or the water is low.
- It produces easy-to-chew, bullet-shaped ice cubes.
- The ice machine countertop structure not only works efficiently but also has a good appearance.
- It offers a two-size ice cubes option.
|✅Chewable ice||❌Bad customer service|
|✅Highly efficient compressor|
7. Kismille Countertop
Why we love it
- The Kismile countertop ice maker has a powerful exhaust cooling function.
- You can operate all the functions of the machine easily with smart control buttons.
- It has a fast ice production capacity, and the ice cubes size is optional.
- Ice can be transported from the machine using the removable ice basket and scoop.
- The home countertop ice maker allows easy installation by following a few steps.
|✅Various cube sizes||❌Average insulation|
8. Igloo ICEB26HNSS
Why we love it
- The Igloo countertop ice maker has a silent function, ensuring a peaceful environment.
- The machine produces clean ice every time as it has an automatic 5 cycle self-cleaning function.
- The carry handle attached to the top of the machine increases the portability.
- It is specially constructed in such a manner to deliver convenience to its users.
- The unnecessary water is drained from the machine through the drain plug.
|✅See-thru lid||❌Avearge build|
|✅High storage space|
|✅Removable ice basket|
Buying Guide-Countertop Ice Maker
Searching for the best countertop ice maker machine? It’s forever a nice idea to discover before you purchase. Making ice in refrigerators has been time-consuming and is an old technique. Ice makers have now replaced them in many areas, either for home or commercial uses. These are powerful and efficient tools that work competently to produce large quantities of clear ice cubes in a short time.
There are numerous choices available in the market for these appliances. So, it might get a bit confusing task to choose the right machine. But you don’t need to worry as we have gathered all the necessary factors that need to be considered before buying an ice maker.
Your Ice Requirement
If you are sure of your daily ice requirements, it will be easy to choose the machine that fits your needs well. Ice producers arrive in distinct sizes and structures. If you want to buy a machine for your household use, you should choose a countertop portable ice maker that is easy to install and operate and does not take much space. Small ice makers produce up to 20-30 lbs of ice per day. However, if you want to buy an ice maker for commercial purposes, it’s a better idea to go for a large machine that would fulfill your daily ice requirements. A large ice maker can produce up to 400 pounds of ice per day.
Ice Production & Storage Capacity
The ice production capacity of the machine is the quantity of ice produced by it in a day, whereas, the storage capacity of the machine is the quantity of ice that it can hold. When the ice storage is full, the machine stops working. So make sure you choose the ice maker that has sufficient ice storage to hold large quantities of ice cubes to fulfill your needs, otherwise, you will have to manage storage for the leftover ice. Survey properly about the product to ensure this feature. If you want it for commercial use, choose the machine with a high storage capacity.
It’s always better to let a professional install your appliances, but it might be difficult to arrange a tech sometimes. You may want to set up your machine at a different place during a party, hence it will be hectic to hold the party and arrange a professional first to install the machine. So, always choose an ice maker that is easy to install and operate, to avoid any discomfort. Many appliances come with detailed installation directions that can be followed to set them up easily. There are three types of installations; freestanding, built-in, and portable. Select the one that suits your necessities and requirements adequately.
These countertop ice maker machines are equipped with a digital control panel that is used to control all the functions and operations of the machine. This feature will enable you to make any necessary adjustments, so it’s a good thing to consider before buying an ice maker. It will offer a self-cleaning function in some appliances. Moreover, it will alert you when the ice is full in the storage, or the water is low in the reservoir. You can keep the track of every function through the LCD. It makes the operation of the ice maker hassle-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I store ice in a countertop ice maker?
The simple answer is Yes, but the ice maker is not a refrigerator that can keep ice frozen for long. So, it’s better to use the ice cubes as soon as possible because they will melt shortly.
Q: How often do the ice maker needs cleaning?
It is always a good idea to clean your machine regularly to keep it well maintained. This will help you to produce cleaner ice cubes every time. Anyway, you can buy a self-cleaning machine for your convenience.
Q: How will you know when the machine needs water refilling?
To stay alert about this, it is better to choose the machine that has automatic indicators for alarming you when the water is low or the ice is full, so that you can make the required adjustments.
Q: What is the ideal countertop ice machine?
Although we have mentioned our top picks above, here are a few incredible tools:
- Newair countertop ice machine
- Dreamiracle countertop ice maker
- Euhomy counter ice maker
Q: Are countertop ice makers unsafe?
It depends on how you keep your machine. If you clean it regularly and maintain it well, there is no chance of unsafe ice production.
So we hope this list will enable you to make the right purchase decision regarding Countertop Ice Maker. Keep in mind all the points you read here & make sure to consider them thoroughly before buying anything. This list was created meticulously so that each & every person with whatever purpose, finds a product that meets their needs. Good luck in making your ice maker purchase.
Hi, I am Kat! I love writing about various kitchen appliances especially ice makers, refrigerators, freezers, ice cream makers & much much more. I am a freelance journalist who is determined to make the best out of everything life throws my way & to write content that actually makes an impact. When I am not writing, I am finding ways to be a better parent & helping mothers the world over by overcoming parenting challenges.