Unless you live in Alaska, your home needs a refrigerator.
Refrigerators are the most vital appliance for any home. Buying large refrigerators and freezers is no small deal because if you make the wrong choice, you’ll have to live with it for decades. They are expensive, and you can’t afford to make a mistake when buying one. In our years of researching, we have noticed that most refrigerators work fine. Still, the differences in their size and appearance mean that not each one of these is suitable for everyone.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
In this article, you’ll find all the information you’ll need to buy the ideal appliance. Towards the end of this article, there’s a comprehensive Buying Guide to guide you through the whole buying process in much more detail.
Keep Reading for the Large Refrigerator Reviews list.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Nowadays, refrigerator technology goes far beyond playing music on an LED screen. You can get a customized built-in refrigerator to match your kitchen interior perfectly, and you can even customize the number of doors when ordering your fridge. But not all of these factors are of equal importance. Following are the crucial factors you should consider
Q. What is considered a large refrigerator?
Any fridge with a capacity of more than 20 cubic feet is considered to be large. They may come in various shapes.
- Cost: Price is one of the most essential factors when buying anything. Deciding on a budget for your fridge will aid you in filtering some of the options. Start by noting down the amount you can afford to spend on this appliance. A fridge is a long-term investment; you should keep this in mind when deciding on a budget.
Keep Scrolling for the Large Refrigerator Reviews list.
- Size: Your refrigerator should comfortably fit inside your kitchen. Your refrigerator should be the perfect size which means neither too large nor too tiny for your kitchen. Take a measuring take and measure the space in your kitchen that you have reserved for the fridge. 25mm of space should be left at all
- Capacity: The capacity of your appliance is also critical because your fridge should have enough space for storing food for all members of your family. These days, people prefer larger fridges because they allow them to prepare and store meals ahead of time.
Now Let’s Dive In!
Best Large Refrigerators 2022
Here are our picks for the top Large Refrigerators you can buy.
|Large Refrigerators||Icy Rating||Today's Price|
|1. GE Profile PVD28BYNFS||10/10|
|SMETA 36 Inch 22.5 Cu.Ft||8.5/10|
|4. Smad Counter-depth||8/10|
|2. Frigidaire FFHD2250TS||7.8/10|
|5. Arctic Air AF49||7.6/10|
|6. SMETA 36 Inch Side-by-Side||7.3/10|
|Lucky Kitchen Side By Side||7.2/10|
|8. MBF-8006 Commercial||7/10|
1. GE Profile PVD28BYNFS
- Our choice for the best large fridge is big enough for large families. It can easily store food for 8-9 people.
- It comes with an auto-fill water dispenser, so you won’t have to open the refrigerator every single time you want to fill your glass.
- It is a four-door fridge, so you’ll know exactly which door to open for a specific food item. Everything is compartmentalized.
- This appliance has a whopping capacity of 27.9 cubic feet, making it enough for a big household.
- Also has in-door technology for granting you easy access and stopping the cold from escaping.
|✅Stainless steel build||❌none|
|✅Special in-door feature|
|✅Fingerprint resistant exterior|
You’ll love our take on the Best Refrigerator with Ice Maker.
2. SMETA 36 Inch 22.5 Cu.Ft Counter-depth French Door
Why do we love it
- One of the best refrigerators for large family, it has a vast storage capacity of 26.3 cubic feet. This space is big enough to accommodate food for a big family of 7-8.
- Comes with an automatic icemaker, making it the perfect choice for busy families who don’t have the time to freeze or refill ice trays.
- It has an E-star rating for saving energy. A one-time investment in this appliance can save you a lot of money on your electricity bills.
- Has adjustable shelves to provide you flexible space for all kinds of food items. You can adjust this space according to the height of your drinks and snacks.
- It has frost-free operation for effortless cleaning and maintenance and cleaning. With this freezer, you won’t have to worry about constantly cleaning the extra ice.
|✅Stainless steel body||❌Installation a bit complicated|
|✅Bright Led interior|
|✅Great temperature control|
|✅Reversible door hinge|
Don’t miss our comprehensive guide to Refrigerator Repair.
3. Smad Counter-depth French door
Why do we love it
- Its 22.5 cubic feet capacity allows it to store food for 6-7 people easily. It is perfect for large families.
- One of the best big refrigerators for home has a contemporary look with a stainless steel exterior. It has two French doors and two gliding drawers.
- It offers electronic temperature control that monitors and adjusts the temperature according to your instructions.
- Its glass shelves have a raised outer rim, making them spillproof. These glass shelves are also pretty easy to clean.
- It has a full-width pantry drawer to keep all your items organized. These drawers are also very helpful in making food items easy to find.
|✅Inverter compressor||❌No water filter & Ice maker|
|✅Electronic temperature control|
|✅Aesthetic LED lighting|
Do check our list for the Best Beverage Refrigerator.
4. Frigidaire FFHD2250TS
Why do we love it
- Coming second in our best large fridge list, has an ample 26.8 cubic feet capacity making it large enough to store food for a family of 6-7 people.
- This appliance has adjustable storage, meaning that you can easily adjust it according to the number of drinks and snacks you want to store in it.
- It has a smudge-proof stainless steel exterior. No smudges mean that you won’t have to wipe down the surface of your fridge frequently.
- This extra-large stainless steel refrigerator comes with an ice maker that is a great feature, especially for busy families. You can use these ice cubes anytime without worrying about refiling the ice trays.
- According to many users, it doesn’t require a special stainless steel cleaner. You can easily clean it using any mild cleaner or just a wet cloth.
|✅Large capacity||❌Ice cubes from ice maker sometimes stick together|
|✅Door water dispenser|
|✅Built in Ice Maker|
Don’t miss our take on the Best Refrigerator Compressors.
5. Arctic Air AF49
Why do we love it
- It’s packed with easy-to-use features. With a whopping 49 cubic feet capacity, this appliance is perfect for large households and small businesses.
- This model is equipped with two self-closing doors. These self-closing doors ensure that your refrigerator stays closed all the time to prevent the cold from escaping.
- One of the best large-capacity refrigerators, it comes with an external digital display that you can use to monitor the temperature of your appliance without opening it again and again.
- It’s made up of high-quality and durable stainless steel. It has a very contemporary design that makes it perfect for both homes and shops.
- Has adjustable shelves, so you won’t have to worry about the height of your drinks or snack packs.
|✅Durable construction material||❌Needs maintenance|
|✅Bottom mount compressor|
|✅Ideal for commercial use|
Check out the Best Beer Fridges UK here.
6. SMETA 36 Inch Side-by-Side Refrigerator
Why do we love it
- With its 26.3 cubic feet capacity, it has ample space for accommodating food and beverages for large households.
- This big refrigerator comes with a water filter to save you from the hassle of manually filling and storing water bottles.
- Its built-in ice maker is also quite beneficial for busy households. You can use this ice whenever you require without any requirement of refilling ice trays.
- It has aesthetically pleasing glass shelves that can be adjusted to accommodate different sizes of beverages and snacks.
- This large double door fridge contains deep door bins for storing large beverage bottles and other items such as sauces and seasoning.
|✅Large capacity||❌Water valve isn't a standard size|
|✅Deep door bins|
|✅Built in Ice maker & water filter|
7. Lucky Kitchen 52” Double 2 Door Side By Side
Why do we love it
- It has a capacity of 49 cubic feet, making it the ideal choice for commercial use and joint households.
- It has three adjustable shelves. Each shelf can hold up to 155 lbs of weight, so you can easily store big cakes or meats without worrying about breakage.
- This large refrigerator without freezer comes with pre-installed castor, making it incredibly easy to transport from one room to another.
- It’s equipped with environmentally friendly technology, and it can save energy even under extreme temperatures.
- It’s fitted with door locks that are an essential feature in refrigerators used for commercial purposes.
|✅Stainless steel body||❌No water dispenser|
|✅49 cubic feet capacity|
8. MBF-8006 Commercial
Why do we love it
- This big refrigerator stainless steel exterior makes it a flawless fit for commercial kitchens. Its surface is very sturdy, making it less prone to accidental damage.
- It is a three-door refrigerator, and all of these doors can get locked in place effortlessly. These locks make it suitable for businesses with shared kitchen space.
- Has a massive capacity of 72 cubic feet. It’s big enough to hold all the items of a small bakery or patisserie.
- It has three doors to provide you the opportunity to divide your food into groups so you’ll know exactly which door to open for a specific item.
- Has recessed door handles, so it doesn’t take unnecessary space and allows you to freely move around your kitchen.
|✅Sturdy exterior||❌No dividers between doors|
|✅5-year compressor warranty|
|✅Recessed door handles|
Large Refrigerators-Buying Guide
Buying a refrigerator is no small deal because one hasty decision can cost you a lot of money. Choosing the right one is not as daunting as it sounds, and in this guide, we’ll provide you all the information that you’ll need to make a sound purchase decision.
Types of Refrigerators
There are four basic types available in the market
Large Top Freezer Refrigerator
As the name suggests, it contains a freezer at the top. These kinds of fridges are divided into three parts, the bottom two parts are for the fridge, and the top part is for the freezer. It is a large refrigerator with small freezer. It is the most commonly sold type of fridge because of its low cost, but if you want something sleek and attractive, this fridge is not for you.
Large Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
This fridge is the exact opposite of the above-mentioned freezer. One-third of its space is dedicated to the freezer, which is at the bottom of this appliance. It is a large single-door refrigerator. The major benefit of buying a bottom freezer is that you won’t have to bend every time you take out a fresh ingredient from your fridge. Bottom freezers are not as commonly used as top freezers, but they are similar to top freezers in the price range. Bottom freezers are slightly larger than top ones, but they have a similar design.
Large Side-by-side Fridge freezer
Side-by-side freezers are split down in the middle with a large freezer capacity. One side is dedicated to the fridge and the other to the freezer. The fridge portion is slightly bigger than the freezer because, typically, people require a larger fridge to store fresh food. Side-by-side freezers are modern-looking, and they come with a bunch of exciting features. They also have more space than both of our previous categories. They are considered one of the top big refrigerators for home.
French-door large refrigerators and freezers are very popular because of their sleek and modern design and also their large capacity. Typically these freezers have both doors and drawers. Many French door refrigerators have advanced features like water filters, ice makers, and led screens. These also have customizable internal space. French door large fridge freezer combo are much more expensive, but their design and advanced features are worth the high price for most people.
Following are vital factors that everyone should consider before buying.
- Construction material
- Electricity consumption
- After-sale services
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some widely asked questions you might still have.
Q. What brand of refrigerators are the most reliable?
Both Frigidaire and SMETA and very reliable brands, and they provide excellent after-sale services. You can place your bet on both of them.
Q. What refrigerator has the largest capacity?
The MBF-8006 Commercial has a whopping capacity of 72 cubic feet, making it the largest fridge on our list. This is a device that won’t disappoint.
Q. What brand of refrigerator lasts the longest?
Smad and Arctic both make great appliances that last a long time without causing any problem. These have been around in the market for quite a long & have an exceptional track record.
Q. Do French door refrigerators have more problems?
The only problem you may face after buying a French door large kitchen refrigerator is that repairing them costs more than repairing regular fridges. But still, they have their pros too.
Q. What refrigerators have the most problems?
The ones with a freezer at the bottom are more likely to have clogged pipes and other issues. Still, there are exceptional products that work just fine. So research well before buying one.
Q. What is the average lifespan of a refrigerator?
The average lifespan of a fridgeis ten years. This is a long span of time & reliable devices do make it to the end.
Q. Is top or bottom freezer better?
Top freezers consume less electricity as compared to bottom freezers, and thus they are considered to be better from an economic point of view.
Hi, I am Kat! I love writing about various kitchen appliances especially ice makers, refrigerators, freezers, ice cream makers & much much more. I am a freelance journalist who is determined to make the best out of everything life throws my way & to write content that actually makes an impact. When I am not writing, I am finding ways to be a better parent & helping mothers the world over by overcoming parenting challenges.